Friday, March 6, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air!!!

I took a wheelchair ride OUTSIDE today!!! They let me go to the 6th floor balcony with Todd and the kids for 30 mins. It was nice to smell the fresh air. I couldn't believe how warm it was! I was so nervous about being out of my room that I asked to go back before my time was up. It's amazing how much safer I feel in my bed, in my room, with everyone close by.
And more exciting news...I am 28 weeks today. I had an ultrasound and the baby is now 2.13lbs, which means he has gained 12 oz since admission.
I apparently have a pattern developing....each night around 7pm I am having a whole bunch of contractions, several mins apart. Tonight it started earlier, around 5ish. They gave me a pill, procardia, to help with the contractions. It's now been about an hour and a half without a contraction. Modern medicine...
The kids came up for a long visit. It is so great to spend time with them but I hate that I can't pull them really close to me and hold them for a long time. I know I will be able to do that again....soon! We ate lunch, played cars and watched a movie. I miss being home with them :(.
I made it through the night with just benadryl. I am very pleased. I hope to be sleeping on my own soon.
Well, I am off.... It's been a great day!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment