I am going to attempt to go back and start at the beginning of all this. I am going to write a little bit at a time...
Thurs Feb 19th: I woke up at 6:20am with a starling sensation.....found blood in my pj's. Todd and I dropped the kids off at Pop's and headed to MO Bapt. They monitored me for a few hours and sent me home.
We went back to Pop's house....I felt terrible. Lily wanted to stay at Pop's, so Todd dropped me off at home and went to his office with Alex. My back was very uncomfortable and I was having cramping off and on. I lied down for a nap at 2:00pm and woke at 4:30pm with more bleeding. I spoke with my OB and we decided heading to St. Mary's would be the game plan. They checked me out in the evaluation unit, then transferred me to the floor.
Throughout the evening I had bouts of bleeding, passing very large clots. They talked to us about the possibility of delivery if the bleeding didn't stop. It was a long night. I fell asleep at 3:30am, only to awake an hour later, bleeding again.
Todd stayed at my bedside the entire time.
Friday 20th was a repeat of Thursday...bouts of bleeding. They told me that I was having contractions and that I was 1cm dilated. They told me that I was probably not going home because I was in pre-term labour. Friday evening Todd went home, and a couple hours later I had to call him back due to the bleeding. The doctors had everyone on call to be available for delivery.
I called my brother, then my mom and dad and talked to them about all the risks involved with this delivery....
I continued to bleed through the night but thankfully not enough to be rushed for a c-section.
Today we met a lot of important people. We spoke with the neonatologist......We were told that the baby has a 85-90% chance of survival, with major complications of every system. I wasn't surprised by anything I heard.
Spent a pretty uneventful day, thankfully. No active bleeding.
Woke up in the middle of the night with more heavy bleeding. It was very watery. They tested it for amniotic fluid and it was negative, thank goodness:)
Met with the urologist. I had an MRI then a cystocopy. Yes, the placenta has grown into the bladder. I then met with the interventional radiologist. He talked to us about a balloon procedure that he would like to do before the c-section. They will insert balloons into my groin, both sides and once the baby is out they can inflate them to reduce the blood flow to my abdomen. This was a really hard day. Overwhelmed with info. I couldn't wait for it to be over!!!
Wednesday 25th: Mom and Adam had to leave. Bummer! I know they had to leave but it was great to see them.
Thurs 26th: We have made it two whole weeks. Catheter out!!
Fri 27th: I am now 28 weeks along!!!!!
6 days ago