Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mama, mama, I'm coming home.

I am still pouting but I think I can put things aside long enough to act like a grown up for a little while...
The nurse called today to tell us that Nathanael has been officially discharged home tomorrow!!! The last couple of days he has been taking bottles (only) well. He pulled his NG out last evening and they left it out. What a smart boy! We have to do the monitor training tomorrow and get a few last min well baby instructions but then we can bring him home. Yippee! I am very happy and relieved. I know it's going to be crazy around here now, but at least we are all here as a family together.
And today is Alex's third birthday. I don't think I have seen him this excited before! We took him to Toys R Us last night to pick out a bike. He is loving it. It's so nice to see him so excited!! We celebrated with family and friends at The Incredible Pizza Place. Poor Bub didn't really get a party because we didn't know if Nathanael would be home but thankfully he's only 3 and is easy to please. He is into spiderman this year, so that was the theme.
It's been a really great day with Lily and Alex. Hopefully the transition to family of 4 to 5 is easy on them. I am worried about Alex.
I have a few more things to do before I can go to bed....all baby stuff:). So, I am out of here.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment