Friday, March 20, 2009

3 am Wake Up Call

I woke at 3am this morning to a startling discovery. I was bleeding. I felt two gushes. Sure enough, bright red blood. It's the first I have had in more than 3 weeks. Thankfully it stopped. I had another gush this morning, much darker blood this time. I bled a couple times through the day, very small amounts of dark blood. I limited my activities today, more for my mental sanity than anything.
Todd had spent the night so he was here with me:). He hung around for half the day and headed home. Then I got a wonderful surprise....Jessie called and she wanted to know if I wanted company. I was like.....do I??? Of course!!! So, she brought me Bread Co, yummy, and stayed all evening. We laughed and talked, like usual. We played cards, which turned out to be dangerous, as they were flying around the room:).
Apparently, throughout the hilarious laughter I didn't realize that I was having contractions. The nurse came in and increased my magnesium.....bummer!!! And she threatened me with terbutline. Once the mag was increased my contractions went away and I didn't require any other meds.
I am feeling the effects of the mag, and Jessie thought I was pretty funny. I feel a little "off". Anyway....whatever they need to do right??
They are having difficulty resiting my IVs. I think someone is going to suggest a PICC line. I have conflicting feelings about it but I don't think they are going to ask my opinion anyway, lol.
Well, another day down.... Looking forward to many more:).

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment